🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Chicken with Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce

82de7946 6b53 4524 a9e3 2d044575c422  chicken

I have a question about the recipe "Chicken with Creamy Dijon Mustard Sauce" from Maria Teresa Jorge. Love this recipe (so tasty!), but the sauce keeps breaking (all the fat separates out). What am I doing wrong?

asked by hlabonte over 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

The ratio of flour to fat might be off, you need enough flour to absorb the fat or your gravy will break. Chicken thighs can vary as far as the amount of fat is concerned and it's possible the thighs you used were more fatty than those used in the original recipe. You can add a little more flour maybe 2 tsp to the cream and see if that helps. When I make gravy if I don't have the right ratio of flour to fat it will break. I have to make this, had forgotten about it and it sounds delicious.