🔕 🔔

Recommendations for low-salt Mother's Day brunch

I decided to have my MIL and SIL over for brunch on Sunday, but I wasn't thinking about my MIL's high blood pressure issues. I'm not sure what to serve, since bacon, etc. are out. So, I need a main course (frittata?) and dessert ideas. Thanks.

asked by jocelyng over 3 years ago
B374f07a 68c6 4595 a705 99ed993c08fc  coconut panna cotta small for web

If you are looking for amazing very low sodium recipes check out Sodium Girl's website. She makes incredible things without the salt and there are a ton of great brunch ideas. http://www.sodiumgirl.com...

671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

If you make a vegetable quiche with fresh eggs and a cheese like Parmesan, you really don't need to add much salt. Leave it out and double the fresh herbs for more flavor if you like.
For dessert, a fruit salad is always lovely, especially in the morning. Or you could do poached pears with a scoop of cinnamon laced ricotta

You could make a wonderful frittata using mushrooms for your umami rather than meat. Onions, peppers, some green garlic, maybe ramps? and some great cheese shredded in or on top.

If you add shredded cheese, use just a little. But of a cheese choose a 5 yr-old cheddar, or another that has a big flavour Cheese inherently has a lot of salt. Another idea is fresh salmon with wild rice or a wild rice combination. Dried cranberries & sliced almonds are nice with it, sautéed onions too add a green salad & a fruit salad with a cookie or chocolate & you have a superb lunch. You can cook the salmon the day before, serve it cold & it. Will be easier

7124ef9e 8cee 4d7c 8ab8 fa611e8ce383  jocelyn 2006

Thanks everyone! I decided to make a frittata and just not put cheese on the entire top :). Also serving a pea crostini and an artichoke salad. Meyer lemon tart for dessert. Should be good to go now!