A question about a recipe: Spatchcocked and Braise-Roasted Chicken

620cea7d f427 4646 873d 8b051e9405a3  112910f 209

I have a question about the recipe "Spatchcocked and Braise-Roasted Chicken" from amanda. I've made this recipe many times - love it!! - but this time, the lemon tasted bitter. Can this be helped?

asked by Julia Lewis about 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

You can use meyer or sanbokan lemons if you are looking for sweeter.

Sometimes time has a mellowing effect on bitter lemons. A pinch of sugar or salt can also work.

Trena Heinrich
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

The pith of lemons tends to be bitter (the white part between the flesh and the rind). I typically use Meyer lemons in recipes as I find them much sweeter than other varieties.