🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Spatchcocked and Braise-Roasted Chicken

620cea7d f427 4646 873d 8b051e9405a3  112910f 209

I have a question about the recipe "Spatchcocked and Braise-Roasted Chicken" from amanda. I've made this recipe many times - love it!! - but this time, the lemon tasted bitter. Can this be helped?

asked by Julia Lewis over 4 years ago

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

You can use meyer or sanbokan lemons if you are looking for sweeter.

84baef1b 1614 4c3d a895 e859c9d40bd1  chris in oslo

Sometimes time has a mellowing effect on bitter lemons. A pinch of sugar or salt can also work.

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

The pith of lemons tends to be bitter (the white part between the flesh and the rind). I typically use Meyer lemons in recipes as I find them much sweeter than other varieties.