how would you use pickled ramps?

i got some ramps at the market this morning. i made ramp butter using the leaves...and thought i'd pickle the rest. what are your fave ways to use pickled ramps? i read something about using them as a cocktail garnish?

asked by charmcitycook over 5 years ago

Midge

I'm about to make my second batch of the season. I love them with cheese, on hamburgers, and sandwiches. Really, they're so good you won't have trouble thinking of ways to use them.

Hilarybee

I think they'd be great as a pickle on a cuban or some other porky sandwich. Maybe even a panini?

They're great on a crudite platter, too. Adds a nice dimension to egg salad, as well.

avimom

I once had pickled ramp dressing. It was so good...I think they just used the vinegar from the ramps in a vinaigrette and garnished with the ramps.

PeteF

I would totally put them in some tacos with carnitas and a chipotle salsa.

charmcitycook

thanks, all. i have some great ideas now. has anyone used them in cocktails?