🔕 🔔

If I'm broiling steak kebabs instead of grilling them, should I set the broiler to high or low?

Although I don't have a grill handy, I want to make steak kebabs for dinner. I'm thinking that I can cook them in the broiler -- but I don't know if I should set the broiler to high or low. Thoughts would be very welcome, thanks!

asked by ECMotherwell almost 5 years ago

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I would set to high so that the outside sears quickly without over cooking the inside - same principal as grilling!

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

One thing people forget when broiling thing is oven door.
For electric broilers, broil with the oven door open a bit--and keep a close eye on it.
If you broil with the door closed the element goes off and on..and it's not true broiling.