🔕 🔔

Banana Bread French Toast

I had delicious banana bread french toast at a restaurant for Mother's day. I am going to try to replicate the recipe at home. A friend is going to make the banana bread, but from there, I need recommendations for the french toast aspect. I plan to use eggs, cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and powdered sugar. I might use vanilla as well. Does anyone have any recommendations on proportions of the above? Any advice in general?

asked by Kelly Anderson over 4 years ago

16f72ccb 3197 434b a946 8e9e68a3715f  cristina 014 web final

This might be a good place to start: http://smittenkitchen.com...

I think you can start with 3 eggs and 1 1/2 cups of milk whisked together. I'd skip any sugar or spices, since you'll want the flavor of the banana bread to shine through. Plus, you'll want to avoid making an already sweetened cake overly sweet. Fry up the bread, once coated in egg, as you would any french toast. Top with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle with powdered sugar or maple syrup as needed.

also, be sure to toast the slices of the banana bread before starting. This way, it will be able to absorb the custard