🔕 🔔

fresh turmeric

I could only find a huge amount of fresh turmeric at my local asian store and was wondering if it might freeze well. I always keep frozen ginger on hand and just grate it, but I've never had a need for so much turmeric and am thinking of trying the same. Thoughts on storage?

asked by savorthis over 4 years ago

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'd freeze same as ginger. Since they're relatives I expect it will work just as well, and if not, you haven't lost much!

We had the same issue and turmeric freezes just fine and we grate it like we do ginger.

Freeze and Use within 6 months or it dries out into hard stubs, even when well wrapped.

7e3191e5 c572 49d0 a90b f5e118b30d93  img 4692

I'm so glad you asked this question! I, too, just purchased fresh turmeric and could only find it packaged with about 20 times more than I needed.