How much Fresh Ginger to use in place of Ground packaged ginger?

6b7dfd44 287d 459f b2d5 3b82a01c4825  54179 how much fresh ginger to use in place of ground packaged ginger

I invented an awesome recipe for meatballs that uses ginger in it. And at the time I only had ground ginger not fresh. But now I got my hands on some fresh ginger and I was wonder how much do I use. I usually use about 1 1/2- 2 tsp's of ground ginger? Any help?

asked by Cam Tucker over 6 years ago

Ground ginger and fresh ginger have really different properties, but I'd try an equal substitution and see what happens. Please share the recipe!

Cam Tucker

Thanks! I know they are quite different but I wanted to try fresh and what would happen. So this time I'll use fresh and see what's better! And of course I will share the recipe after I decide which ginger to use! Thanks again!

Crafty Dutchess

You'll have to use a fair bit more with fresh ginger as the dried stuff is concentrated.

Cam Tucker

Thanks! I read somewheres about 2 tablespoons fresh to every teaspoon of ground ginger.