Help: In ice-pop duress!

I recently made a nutella-frozen banana-chocolate icepop in my purchased ice pop molds. I froze them overnight, and when it came time to take them out....only the stick gave. I rinsed the ice pop containers in warm water as I've done when I've made water-based icepops, but found the whole concoction started melting immediately. Does anyone have any suggests on how to produce an in-tact, non-water based icepop so it yields the beautiful pressed lines from the molds?

asked by KvellintheKitchen about 5 years ago

Check the temperature of your freezer. Mixture should not be melting so quickly if the popsicle was really frozen solid.

Fortunata

What kind of molds are you using?

bigpan

The problem is the Nutella. It is not made to be frozen (see the Nutella website). Attempting to freeze it probably caused it to break down and not freeze solid.
Perhaps make a banana chocolate ice cream and drizzle with room temp Nutella.

SeaJambon

I wonder what would happen if you sprayed the molds with oil before freezing?

Fortunata

I'm wondering if flexible silicone molds would release more easily.