🔕 🔔

Is ham healthy?

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 4 years ago
401c5804 f611 451f a157 c693981d8eef  mad cow deux

Speaking as a total porkaholic I would be compelled to answer yes. Especially if it's good traditional style ham without a lot of water added to it.

Deac5e85 ab6c 4739 826e c35688e6f154  l1020855

Even the low sodium hams are delicious.Look for Cook's and Smithfield and you can't go wrong baking them 20 minutes peer pound @ 325 degrees.

Healthy in what sense?
Low calorie? (No). Fat free? (nope). Low sodium? (no). But can it part of a healthy, balanced diet? Yes, definitely; as with almost anything else. Then of course it depends how it's cooked and what sauce (if any) it's served with. Most foods people consider "unhealthy" usually aren't really that "unhealthy" until other ingredients are added to it (fats, sauces, etc.).

That said, because pork (in any form) is delicious and makes most people happy when they eat it (including myself), it is definitely healthy. Because happiness is the key to a healthy life after all.....(this is my way of justifying my love of pork products. And it works.).