Raw or smoked ham.

I'm cooking the Bon appetite bourbon glazed ham tonight and it calls for a 16 lb bone in ham. What kind of ham do I use? All I see are these smoked hams.

asked by Hagerty almost 6 years ago

cwya

read label closely to find out if its been cooked completely. If it has I dont know what recipe provider uses but I would assume recipe calls for a cooked ham unless it says otherwise. If ham has to be cooked in recipe for hours it shouldn't be referring to a cooked ham. I've always made the cooked ones according to label instructions.

Marian Bull

Is this the recipe you're using? http://www.bonappetit.com...

If so, I believe you would cook the ham from raw.