A question about a recipe: Spring Onion and Lemon Focaccia

057cf90c db13 4bee 9c0b 57420eba6f19  photo

I have a question about the recipe "Spring Onion and Lemon Focaccia" from Judy's Culinaria. what do you mean by "00 Flour" ?? Extra Fine? Sifted? Pastry?

asked by sheilh over 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

Italian bread flours lower gluten content

Actually, more often it's the other way round. For a foccacia you would want a stronger gluten structure, like 12% protein.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

You may find this older post on the subject helpful: http://food52.com/hotline...

00 flour is more finely ground than our bread flour, with a protein (gluten) content of about 9%. I love what it does for pizza dough. Here is a post I wrote on flour and focaccia, which by the way, is one of my all-time favorite breads to make.

http://food52.com/recipes...

I will differ to Boulangere on anything that has to do with bread or gluten.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

Pierino, I think you mean 'defer,' because if you differ with Cynthia on anything that has to do with bread or gluten, she'll kick your ass (nicely, of course)... ;)

Ha! Yes, that's exactly what I meant. I hate that you can't edit your responses and I don't want my ask kicked.

Great LOL moment! Not in much of a kicking mood today - it's just lovely outside and I'm saving my strength for a bike ride before thunderstorms move in. A lovely weekend to you all!