🔕 🔔

Beef cheeks in DC?

Hi folks any idea where I can find beef cheeks in the DC area?
Would like to make barbacoa tacos but can't seem to find the meat?

Thanks!

asked by Luis Alberto over 4 years ago

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

Depending on your location in DC I would ask around at Wagshal's, or one of the vendors at Eastern Market, Union Market or your local farm stand.

I don't live anywhere DC, but if there is an Hispanic area look for a carniceria (Mexican or Argentine butcher shop) and they will have just about every animal part you can think of. Unfortunately when cattle are slaughtered in this country most of the tasty stuff like cheeks and feet etc. end up in hot dogs and not in those foam trays in your supermarket.