papaya

I read that papaya seeds are edible. If true, does anyone know a way to use them to their full potential?

sdebrango May 28, 2013

What an interesting question, I have never eaten the seeds but immediately looked it up here is a great article http://superfoodprofiles.com/eating-papaya-seeds-digestive-health They say the taste of the seeds is very strong, peppery/mustardy but is tolerable. The article has some suggestions on how to use them,

lsgerman
lsgerman May 29, 2013

Thank You, Suzanne for the information and the link. It was an interesting article. I think I will try them as a pepper substitute, and also as a salad topping as fernetaboutit suggests below. I am more of a sweets person, so I imagine the taste would be too much for me. But I'll try one from the next papaya I buy.

Thank you all for your responses.
lsgerman

fernetaboutit
fernetaboutit May 28, 2013

They do have a very strong peppery taste. I sprinkle them on salads!

petitbleu
petitbleu May 28, 2013

I wonder how they would be blended into tomato juice along with garlic and other things for a homemade bloody mary mix.