🔕 🔔

papaya

I read that papaya seeds are edible. If true, does anyone know a way to use them to their full potential?

asked by lsgerman over 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

What an interesting question, I have never eaten the seeds but immediately looked it up here is a great article http://superfoodprofiles... They say the taste of the seeds is very strong, peppery/mustardy but is tolerable. The article has some suggestions on how to use them,

Thank You, Suzanne for the information and the link. It was an interesting article. I think I will try them as a pepper substitute, and also as a salad topping as fernetaboutit suggests below. I am more of a sweets person, so I imagine the taste would be too much for me. But I'll try one from the next papaya I buy.

Thank you all for your responses.
lsgerman

They do have a very strong peppery taste. I sprinkle them on salads!

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

I wonder how they would be blended into tomato juice along with garlic and other things for a homemade bloody mary mix.