Anybody have good tips for grilling/cooking spanish mackerel? How about brining? Does it help reduce its fishiness?

asked by justpicked over 5 years ago

themissingingredient

A common method of reducing fishiness is to soak the fish in milk.

justpicked

Great idea! Would this method work best on filets or would it work for a whole fish, do you think?

justpicked

Daria Faulkner

I just made it 2 weeks ago and was worried about it tasting too fishy (especially for my 10 months old son), but I how surprised I was, when I it had no unpleasant fishiness. I baked it, wrapped in the parchment paper (pocket) with lemon. just salt, lemon and may be I sprinkled or with oil. it was my first time cooking it like this I I liked it a lot