i just cut sweet potato into wedges which i am baking later - do i put in zip loc and leave on counter or in fridge - will they be ok cut up for a few hours before i cook them???

asked by Buffy S almost 8 years ago

Sadassa_Ulna

I have had situations where cut sweet potatoes will start to develop black spots - I would put them in some water that has some lemon or vinegar in it (mild, maybe 10 parts water one part lemon juice). I think its OK to leave out unrefrigerated. Hope that helps and I defer to people with mre experience...

Kayb

The other thing you can do is go ahead and toss them in oil, presuming you were going to do that to bake them anyway. That coats the cut surfaces and keeps them from darkening. Room temp is fine for a couple of hours or even more.