Can you parbake a gratin?

Aea967b3 9fb2 4e81 be1e 2c0edafce975  5154520617 7543bd9f7e z

We are traveling about 2.5 hours for Thanksgiving dinner and I want to bring a sweet potato gratin (just sweet potatoes, butter, cream and spices.) Should I bake it all the way through and reheat, or partially bake it, travel, and finish cooking right before dinner?

asked by Savour almost 3 years ago

fitzie

Bake it all the way and warm it for about half hour at 325 prior to serving. Cover loosely with foil while baking to keep it from drying out. If you have one of those insulated carriers you'll be ahead of the game. They really work well.

Ali Slagle

I'd to the same—and maybe bring extra cream and butter to add in just in case it does start to dry out.