🔕 🔔

What's the best way to store homemade naan?

asked by @ErinFriction about 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Keep it in a plastic bag, then reheat it in the oven, wrapped in foil. Naan doesn't keep well, but this salvages it somewhat.

I usually line my cast iron Dutch oven or porcelain caserole with clean cotton towel and stack the breads in right after making them. I cover them with another cotton towel and heavy lid and they last fine for few days. I really never tried how long because my family always eats them faster than they have a chance to spoil:)

036a13ee d0f9 4521 9384 969bc8e2e6f6  image

94ff4163 13ec 407a a53b 792c87641e55  fsm
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Best way: In your tummy!

But if that won't work, I usually fold them in a tightly woven linen or cotton towel, until they are COMPLETELY cool (up to 12 hours). Then put them in a plastic bag, towel and all, if they still haven't been eaten by then.

I re-heat them the same way as Amanda above.