A question about a recipe: Chocolate Thai Green Curry Cake

5f8971cf 0b06 4d62 942b 69c3b9e31b0c  food52 02 28 2012 0035

I have a question about the recipe "Chocolate Thai Green Curry Cake" from raspberryeggplant. Is step #16 telling you to make a double boiler or something different? It seems a medium saucepan is much too wide for a regular standmixer bowl.

asked by zoomorphic over 5 years ago

ZombieCupcake

You can use what ever sauce pan that will fit your mixer bowl. A medium sauce pan I would consider only a 2 quart.

zoomorphic

Thank you! But is this going to be a double boiler or am I putting the bowl directly into the water?

ZombieCupcake

no about a couple inches of water will do