🔕 🔔

I've some Za'atar just laying around...

...what do I do with it besides coating cheese?

asked by mensaque over 4 years ago

Sprinkle on flatbread (dough & then bake), meat kebobs, yogurt
Use as a seasoning in vinaigrettes, dry rubs for grilling meat & fish

49b24988 1ddc 4b7c 9c61 697265aa877d  kate crop

This is a big favorite at my house, in fact it's marinating in my fridge right now. Frenching the legs looks terrific and impressive, but to make the recipe even easier, just use thighs. http://food52.com/recipes...

Use it on these deviled eggs instead of dukkah: http://food52.com/recipes...

Use it in an omelet, with some sharp feta . . .

Stir it into white bean soup that you've made with thyme and bay leaf . . .

Sprinkle it on hummus-smeared whatever . . .

Sprinkle it on just about any sandwich (except probably not peanut butter and jam) . . .

Stir it into quinoa with some leftover grilled vegetables that you've cut into small pieces . . .

This is making me hungry! ;o)

6f611b78 35b4 4186 89ad c38b035b32f3  08270410avatar messbrasil

Thanks...on my way to the kitchen.

A27d1fa7 3b7f 4ff9 9474 71a865a13723  img 1353

My Israeli roommate always used it on scrambled eggs. It was his secret breakfast spice stash; he'd bring it back from Israel. So I put it on eggs of all kinds.

Also, add liberally to little dishes of good olive oil for dipping flatbread.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I love za'atar and use it in everything. Here are some recipes to help you:
http://food52.com/recipes...

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

This cauliflower couscous is my favorite use for za'atar http://food52.com/recipes...

I love cauliflower...never had it like this.Sounds great!

B374f07a 68c6 4595 a705 99ed993c08fc  coconut panna cotta small for web

I love za'atar on everything! Labneh (or greek yogurt) with a drizzle of olive oil and za'atar is amazing with pita or other flatbread. Our favorite quick weeknight dinner is za'atar marinated boneless chicken thighs. (I have some marinating in my fridge right now, in fact.) Combine a generous amount of za'atar with some lemon juice and olive oil in a ziplock bag. Add the chicken thighs and marinate for at least 30 minutes but more is always better. Grill or broil the chicken and you have the most delicious quick and easy meal ever!

marinate chicken in za'atar, lemon juice, garlic and a little olive oil. Grill.