I've some Za'atar just laying around...

...what do I do with it besides coating cheese?

asked by mensaque over 5 years ago

Sprinkle on flatbread (dough & then bake), meat kebobs, yogurt
Use as a seasoning in vinaigrettes, dry rubs for grilling meat & fish

chickenX2

This is a big favorite at my house, in fact it's marinating in my fridge right now. Frenching the legs looks terrific and impressive, but to make the recipe even easier, just use thighs. http://food52.com/recipes...

Use it on these deviled eggs instead of dukkah: http://food52.com/recipes...

Use it in an omelet, with some sharp feta . . .

Stir it into white bean soup that you've made with thyme and bay leaf . . .

Sprinkle it on hummus-smeared whatever . . .

Sprinkle it on just about any sandwich (except probably not peanut butter and jam) . . .

Stir it into quinoa with some leftover grilled vegetables that you've cut into small pieces . . .

This is making me hungry! ;o)

mensaque

Thanks...on my way to the kitchen.

Lesliebling

My Israeli roommate always used it on scrambled eggs. It was his secret breakfast spice stash; he'd bring it back from Israel. So I put it on eggs of all kinds.

Also, add liberally to little dishes of good olive oil for dipping flatbread.

Lesliebling

I love za'atar and use it in everything. Here are some recipes to help you:
http://food52.com/recipes...

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

This cauliflower couscous is my favorite use for za'atar http://food52.com/recipes...

mensaque

I love cauliflower...never had it like this.Sounds great!

Couldn't Be Parve

I love za'atar on everything! Labneh (or greek yogurt) with a drizzle of olive oil and za'atar is amazing with pita or other flatbread. Our favorite quick weeknight dinner is za'atar marinated boneless chicken thighs. (I have some marinating in my fridge right now, in fact.) Combine a generous amount of za'atar with some lemon juice and olive oil in a ziplock bag. Add the chicken thighs and marinate for at least 30 minutes but more is always better. Grill or broil the chicken and you have the most delicious quick and easy meal ever!

M A M

marinate chicken in za'atar, lemon juice, garlic and a little olive oil. Grill.