if I'm making a casserole ahead of time and planning on freezing it, should i bake it before freezing?

JanetFL
JanetFL July 11, 2013

I think you need to provide details as to your casserole ingredients before your question can be answered....as I'm sure it will!

Gabriella
Gabriella July 12, 2013

A bit more information is definitely key here about the recipe and what is going into the casserole/ how long it will be frozen for. Regardless, I find that most things of this nature will keep best uncooked and will taste better being freshly baked the day they are being served as opposed to baking and then freezing and then baking again to warm it, this can dry out and cause it to taste overcooked.

Gabriella
Gabriella July 12, 2013

ChefJune July 12, 2013

Depends upon what's in that casserole! Pasta based casseroles seem to do just fine being frozen after baking, but others, not so sure.