Alright brilliant food 52's; I need your help! I'm making cold poached salmon with a yogurt based cucumber dill sauce...

And I want to make a bean salad with some sort of maple honey vinaigrette, and another salad to match. Anyone have any tips and/or recommendations! I'm cooking for a large group. Thanks! :D

Voted the Best Reply!

aargersi July 16, 2013

This time of year I often turn to corn - any configuration of corn / tomato / avocado it going to be seasonal and pair really well with the fish. You could grill the corn first, then choose your herbs and dressing to best match the flavors in the other dishes. There are several corn salads here on F52 that are really tasty!

Bevi
Bevi July 16, 2013

Here is a maple vinaigrette:
1/2 cup Good olive oil
2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon country mustard (or your own concoction)
1 tablespoon Grade B maple syrup
Salt and Pepper to taste
Make a vinaigrette of the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, country mustard, and salt and pepper. Stir well to emulsify.

bigpan
bigpan July 16, 2013

The yogurt/cucumber dressing makes me think a nice chilled curried rice salad.
Chill some cooked rice, add in some raisin, nuts, green pepper, red onion, flat leaf parsley.
Make a simple vinegrette with a couple tablespoons of curry powder .