🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Charred Corn and Avocado Salad with Lime, Chili and Tomato

B8383253 a598 4072 bde5 cb1a2bcbe0e7  food52 07 03 12 8231

I have a question about the recipe "Charred Corn and Avocado Salad with Lime, Chili and Tomato" from EmilyC. What exactly is "medium-high" temp on a broiler? My oven only has "broil." The temp can't be adjusted.

asked by tmac about 4 years ago

I agree with Monita. Your normal "broil" temp would be about 500F. For medium high I would set the oven dial to 400F. The reason for using the broiler is to put the char on with flame. Their are other ways to do this as well; an outdoor grill or even a blow torch.