I have an already cooked ham for tonight (14 lbs). The instructions say to heat until interior reaches 160. Anyone have an idea how long that might take?

asked by healthierkitchen almost 8 years ago

nutcakes

USDA says 140F is sufficient. You don't want to dry it out. Here is the fact sheet and cooking times. For bone in smoked, cook 15 minutes per pound at 325F.
http://www.fsis.usda.gov...

Kayb

I've always been a 20-minute-per-pound-at-300 gal, myself, probably because that's the way my mama did it. I find if you glaze, that generally keeps the ham from drying out. I also tent it with foil loosely during cooking, and baste.