🔕 🔔

Adjusting the roasting time for a Christmas ham?

I'm planning to cook a smoked ham, and the recipe I'm following calls for roasting a 15-pound ham at 300F for 2 hours, glazing it, and then roasting at 350F for an additional 1.5 hours. My ham is only a little over 8 pounds, so I'm wondering how I should adjust the cooking time. How long might it need to be in the oven at 300, and then at 350?

asked by zerosummer 10 months ago

609271d6 306e 4b3e 8479 9d404fb84e73  moi 1

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I would go with internal temperature, rather than the time in the oven. For the fully cooked or smoked ham the internal temperature should be about 140F. So if you have a meet thermometer, it's your best friend in this situation.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

... meant to say meat thermometer (sorry was typing too fast).