Suggestions for a lot of fresh horseradish leftover from making Bloody Marys? No beet recipes, please.

asked by askann about 8 years ago

Horseradish goes well with oysters or cold, shelled shrimp. Either mignonette or cocktail sauce. Cooked meats, like say beef brisket or corned beef.

TasteFood

Add it to mashed potatoes or any pureed root vegetable: http://www.tastefoodblog.com/tastefood/2010/10/smashed-potatoes-and-celery-root-with-horseradish.html

melissav

It is great mixed with creme fraiche (or even greek yogurt), chives, salt and pepper and served with roasted meat or steaks or brisket. I also like to mix some in when making crab cakes.

Kayb

Jezebel sauce! Pineapple preserves, horseradish, dry mustard, a touch of kosher salt. Heat over very low heat just until everything combines nicely, then cool and refrigerate. Keeps for a couple of weeks. Great with pork, chicken and soft cheeses.

shaska

make the sauce for sesame peanut noodles. peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, crushed garlic and horseradish. mix with julienned cucumbers, carrots, shredded chicken and noodles.

Serene

Mixed with mayo, it makes a lovely sandwich spread, and it keeps a long time.

LynnSomerstein

Mayo and horseradish, mixed together- great on broiled tuna!

Mix with cream cheese, creme fraiche and tiny bits of crisp bacon. Serve on crackers. Enjoy. ;o)

askann

Thanks! Lots of options now.

iuzzini

Mix with mashed potatoes and maybe some sauteed onions as a filling for homemade pierogis! Easy to make and delicious!!

siny54

spread over salmon, roast in hot oven, very delicious!