🔕 🔔

can you give an opinion @ carving knife length? need 1 that will work for a lg turkey & wondering how long the blade should be?

asked by @Boomer almost 7 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Should not be too long or it gets unwieldy. I like one that's 6 to 7 inches long with a blade that has a little flexibility.

2c2d2752 e0fd 49c6 ba3d ba732f5ad3f6  images

7" or so is about right, and this is one of the rare occasions when I recommend a knife with a hollow ground edge (as Amanda pictured), given that most of the work is slicing. However, I usually also keep a heavy, very sharp chefs knife handy for cutting through and around ball joints; legs, wings etc.