Andrea Nguyen
Andrea Nguyen

Andrea is a cooking teacher, food writer, contributing editor at Rodale's Organic Life, and a cookbook author; her latest book is The Banh Mi Handbook.

How about prepping all the ingredients, refrigerating them separately, then combining at the last minute? That would ensure crispness and reduce your workload right before serving. I'd have the salad at room temp so it goes well with the cheese toast.

I agree with Andrea. You could prep the ingredients but I wouldn't dress it until the night of the party.