🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: OMG! Coconut Pound Cake

7b73d11d f875 4a6d b051 2434fb1621f4  2013 0604 coconut pound cake 014

I have a question about the recipe "OMG! Coconut Pound Cake" from ChefJune. Can I substitute butter with coconut oil..if I can,how much?

asked by farida kee about 4 years ago

I thought the same thing when I originally saw this recipe. I believe butter and coconut oil differ in their percentages of fat, and I'm not sure of the proper substitution. But if I were taking a crack at it, I'd probably cut back on the coconut oil slightly--maybe by 1/4 cup. Again, this is not at all tested or science, so hopefully someone else will weigh in.

Ed393afc ec39 4889 9b89 21d629538eff  misc.oranges and primavera tree 008

I substitute one cup LESS two tablespoons of coconut oil for one cup of butter. This has worked for all my baking recipes except for shortbread. Shortbread needs butter.I have not tried this with pound cake. This substitution makes for more tender cakes, crispier cookies, and lots of compliments.