🔕 🔔

Frozen yeast dough

Can Anyone tell me what the lifespan, proper preparation, conditioning and storage to produce positive results in storing and baking frozen activated yeast dough?
Sorry if there are previous threads but I hadn't seen any.

asked by Gryphen,Volt almost 4 years ago

this site should have some good information. http://www.thefreshloaf...

84e04bee 8fc8 4bdc 8199 701c1af83294  image

I'm not sure what the "proper" method is, but I freeze yeast-activated pizza dough on a regular basis. I roll it into individual balls, oil it lightly, and wrap it in plastic wrap before putting it in a freezer bag. Let it rise fully according to your recipe's directions before freezing and defrost it in the fridge. I generally try to use it within three months, but have gone a little longer than that. Frozen dough is better for things like pizza or flatbread since you definitely won't get the same lift as you would with fresher dough.

Hope this helps!