🔕 🔔

marshmallows

Can I double my marshmallow recipe? I have an abundance of egg white.

asked by Stephanie G about 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

You should be able to but it may make it more difficult to whisk together if the amt is large. Also be sure you double the size of the dish you pour it into

Thanks! I have the big KitchenAid Pro so there should be plenty of room to whip the whites.

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

Yes; absolutely. Marshmallow recipes double and triple well (at least all the ones I've used). Having said that, mine don't involve egg whites -- those I save for Angelfood cake. Mine use a gelatin base for the protein, so no egg white.