marshmallows

Can I double my marshmallow recipe? I have an abundance of egg white.

asked by Stephanie G almost 5 years ago

You should be able to but it may make it more difficult to whisk together if the amt is large. Also be sure you double the size of the dish you pour it into

Stephanie G

Thanks! I have the big KitchenAid Pro so there should be plenty of room to whip the whites.

SeaJambon

Yes; absolutely. Marshmallow recipes double and triple well (at least all the ones I've used). Having said that, mine don't involve egg whites -- those I save for Angelfood cake. Mine use a gelatin base for the protein, so no egg white.