A question about a recipe: A Bowl of Red

I have a question about the recipe "A Bowl of Red" from wssmom. I really love this recipe, but making it all in one day is a bit much. Can I make a huge batch of the chili paste and freeze it for later use? What would be the best way to freeze it?

6246c651 4397 48c0 9869 05eb61da0867  050311f 366
Recipe question for: A Bowl of Red

Monita August 25, 2013

Yes you can freeze it. Make sure it's room temp before freezing. You can freeze it in an air tight freezer safe container or a ziplock bag. If you use a ziplock bag, make sure all the air is out before closing

Merrill Stubbs August 25, 2013

This is a great idea, and I'm sure others will be happy to know they can do this. Thanks for asking this question!

WannabeBaker
WannabeBaker August 25, 2013

On wonderful! Would it be OK to maybe freeze them in individual portions in an ice cube tray first and then to put them all in a zip lock bag, or would that let too much air in? Maybe I should just freeze one portion per one small sandwich baggie so I can press all the air out?

Monita August 25, 2013

You can do it the ice cube tray but would only do it that way if you wanted to defrost small portions. If you're going to use the whole thing for the chili then you might as well do it in one ziplock