🔕 🔔

Can I freeze slices of meatloaf?

Made too much meatloaf. Can I freeze individual slices for later lunches?

asked by ameulensteen about 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Yes. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Then, for easy storage, place the wrapped slices in a large ziplock bag

I usually wrap in plastic wrap, followed by foil, and then freezer bag. I know this might sound excessive, but I saw this method advised on a Good Eats episode once upon a time.

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

When we were kids my mom would freeze meatloaf sandwiches wrapped in foil and then in a sandwich bag. She'd put the frozen sandwiches in our lunch bags. They'd keep other stuff cold and thaw by lunch. They were awesome. If you decide to freeze the meatloaf feel free to send me a sandwich!