Can I freeze slices of meatloaf?

Made too much meatloaf. Can I freeze individual slices for later lunches?

Monita August 26, 2013

Yes. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Then, for easy storage, place the wrapped slices in a large ziplock bag

ATG117
ATG117 August 26, 2013

I usually wrap in plastic wrap, followed by foil, and then freezer bag. I know this might sound excessive, but I saw this method advised on a Good Eats episode once upon a time.

Voted the Best Reply!

Sam1148 August 26, 2013

Yes. I do this all the time. I invested in a food saver and freeze the slices first in packet with some sauce. Then after it's frozen hard, vac-it and store it. It defrosts and warms up quickly with either microwave or boil in the bag.

MTMitchell
MTMitchell August 26, 2013

When we were kids my mom would freeze meatloaf sandwiches wrapped in foil and then in a sandwich bag. She'd put the frozen sandwiches in our lunch bags. They'd keep other stuff cold and thaw by lunch. They were awesome. If you decide to freeze the meatloaf feel free to send me a sandwich!