🔕 🔔

Chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar

I'm at my parents' house making them toll house chocolate chip cookies. They don't appear to have brown sugar and going out to get some is not an option today. They do have molasses and dark corn syrup (and white sugar). Should I substitute just white sugar? Add some molasses? I want to make sure they turn out well. Thanks!

asked by MTMitchell almost 4 years ago
B84ae5f5 cda3 4e2f 892d 36460c99c09a  img 6542

Good thing you have molasses. You can add a tablespoon of it per cup of white sugar.
Go make some good cookies : )

That would be if you need dark brow sugar. For light brown sugar use half a tablespoon.

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

Thank you!!! I did the darker version and just tasted (several times...) the dough and it's perfect. These are my dad's favorites so I really appreciate the help getting them right in spite of the brown sugar disappearance!