Does anyone have a copy of The Summer House Cookbook, by Ponzek and Delaney-Graham? I need the crab dip recipe.

I have this book, but have recently moved and it is buried in one of 37 boxes of books currently stacked in the basement. I'm hoping someone in the Food52 world would be able to share the recipe for the crab dip (it's served cold, not hot like so many crab dips.) Help! I need it soon.

asked by Rhonda35 almost 5 years ago

I don't have that book (but love her earlier French one) - but the website for her shop, Aux Delices has a recipe for her warm crab and artichoke dip, if that's the one you're looking for: http://www.auxdelicesfoods...

Oops! Just noticed you specified a cold dip...oh well, never mind!

Rhonda35

Thanks for trying!

tlc
tlc

I hope this isn't too late!
Chesapeake Crab Dip- 8ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup Crème Fraiche or sour cream, juice of 1/2 lemon, pinch cayenne pepper, 8 ounces lump crabmeat, 1 T chopped chives or scallion greens, sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
Blend cream cheese, crème fraiche, lemon juice, and cayenne in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the crabmeat and chives. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Rhonda35

Hooray!! Thank you so much - perfect timing. I will raise a glass to you, TLC, when I am mixing up this deliciousness!