🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Brad Spence's Salted Butter Semifreddo

56494802 6a8c 41a1 8709 ef96614905b5  2013 0723 genius semifreddo 026

I have a question about the recipe "Brad Spence's Salted Butter Semifreddo" from Genius Recipes. I think the last time I made this, I screwed up on the folding process. You divide the mass into quarters, stir in the first quarter, and fold in the other three one by one, right? When do I stop folding? Should there still be some white showing?

asked by walkie74 about 4 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Hi walkie74 -- I tend to fold in the first third to lighten the mixture, then fold in the rest, and I keep going just until the white streaks disappear. The photos from the post might help a little: http://food52.com/blog...

B3aef9ba 2f16 4b07 97ef 024f9bb0e6d8  2013 06 23 16.59.04

The photos kind of threw me off too, since there's a few islands of white in the center. I'm assuming the mixer was on his last few folds? And is it supposed to be smooth by the time you're done?

Sorry about that -- I was still folding by hand in that photo, and kept going (gently!) until there weren't any more white streaks.