A question about a recipe: Brad Spence's Salted Butter Semifreddo

I have a question about the recipe "Brad Spence's Salted Butter Semifreddo" from Genius Recipes. I think the last time I made this, I screwed up on the folding process. You divide the mass into quarters, stir in the first quarter, and fold in the other three one by one, right? When do I stop folding? Should there still be some white showing?

• Posted by: walkie74
  • September 12, 2013

Kristen Miglore September 13, 2013

Hi walkie74 -- I tend to fold in the first third to lighten the mixture, then fold in the rest, and I keep going just until the white streaks disappear. The photos from the post might help a little: http://food52.com/blog...

walkie74
walkie74 September 13, 2013

The photos kind of threw me off too, since there's a few islands of white in the center. I'm assuming the mixer was on his last few folds? And is it supposed to be smooth by the time you're done?

Kristen Miglore September 13, 2013

Sorry about that -- I was still folding by hand in that photo, and kept going (gently!) until there weren't any more white streaks.