🔕 🔔

Slower cooker adaptation for a recipe

I have a recipe for a rice and lentil dish that normally uses a 375 oven, one cup rice, one cup lentils, and four cups broth. It cooks for about 40 minutes. How do I adapt for a slower cooker?

asked by ameulensteen about 4 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

Check out this blog: http://mykindofcooking...

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

I would try it this way to start: Slow cooker on high until it boils, then turn it down to low and let it go until everything is tender - the time will depend on your cooker. I would not leave it alone the first time because you'll need to gauge the time and amount of liquid.

I found this recipe online that's a rice & lentil casserole in the slow cooker. I think I will save it and try it out, since I'll be pulling out my slow cooker soon.