Slower cooker adaptation for a recipe

I have a recipe for a rice and lentil dish that normally uses a 375 oven, one cup rice, one cup lentils, and four cups broth. It cooks for about 40 minutes. How do I adapt for a slower cooker?

asked by ameulensteen almost 5 years ago

Check out this blog: http://mykindofcooking...

I would try it this way to start: Slow cooker on high until it boils, then turn it down to low and let it go until everything is tender - the time will depend on your cooker. I would not leave it alone the first time because you'll need to gauge the time and amount of liquid.

I found this recipe online that's a rice & lentil casserole in the slow cooker. I think I will save it and try it out, since I'll be pulling out my slow cooker soon.