Zucchini blossom recipes

My zucchini vine at home is overflowing with male blossoms, Can anyone help me out with a Vegetarian recipe that uses them please?

asked by Panfusine almost 5 years ago

FoodSlinger

I just got back from France and they use those a a lot either battered and deep fried or in a salad with cold boiled potatoes and onion with a nicoise dressing and white anchovies. I loved them all fried fresh use your imagination.

Diana B
Diana B

Diana B is a trusted home cook.

This one looks delish: http://www.joanneweir.com...

cookinginvictoria

I love to stuff squash blossoms with finely chopped herbs and goat cheese or ricotta or even Parmesan cheese. Then I dip the blossoms into a thin batter (I make mine with flour and some seltzer water), and deep fry them. Sprinkle with salt and eat -- heaven!

Rick Bayless has a wonderful recipe for a corn and squash blossom soup. http://www.foodnetwork... I have made this before, and it is delicious. You could definitely sub vegetable (or corn) stock for the chicken broth. Enjoy the blossoms -- such a treat to have in your garden!

Panfusine

Rick Bayless's recipe sounds great, since it calls for the male flowers! Thanks so much!

Squash blossoms are also a traditional filling, with cheese and such, for quesadillas in Mexico - really good. Here's the Border Grill's version: http://marysueandsusan...

I recentlu stuffed some with lavender and honey goat cheese and deep fried. We didn't have nearly enough!

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

I like to mix ricotta, parmesan, one egg and some herbs (e.g. basil or thyme), salt and pepper, stuff the little guys, drizzle with olive oil and put under a broiler for about 10 minutes. Serve with nice chunky tomato sauce.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

... also a blossom omelette is mighty fine.