🔕 🔔

what is the best chocolate to use for drizzling cookies that will harden when cool?

asked by Kathy about 4 years ago

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Chocolate chips melt beautifully in the microwave (stir every 20 seconds until melted). I use Nestle Morsels pretty much all the time, unless I'm feeling flush and can spend more money on high end chocolate like E. Guittard or Valrhona.

Bac35f8c 0352 46fe 95e3 57de4b652617  p1291120

Totally agree w/Mrs Larkin! Personally, I usually go with anything that is solid to start. You can then melt knowing it will harden when cool. If you add butter or any other oil when melting it will be that much softer when cool.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

To make a thinner mixture (better for drizzling) you can add up tp 50% unsalted melted butter to the choc and let it stand until the consistency you like. If you don't want your choc to be as sweet as Semi-sweet, you can use any choc that has a higher% cocoa- like Trader Joe's (which is purported to be Caillebaut and really excellent imo.)

I like to use Ghiradelli bitter chocolate chips.