A question about a recipe: Apple and Olive Oil Cake with Maple Icing

0d5dc8cd d4f9 45cb 9d52 5afb628b8f7e  apple and olive oil cake with maple icing

I have a question about the recipe "Apple and Olive Oil Cake with Maple Icing" from Yotam Ottolenghi. Where an I find the muscovado sugar

asked by Amy about 5 years ago

Whole Foods should have it

Most upscale markets will carry it, but if you can't find it you can substitute brown sugar.

Donna M

I order it from Amazon, Billington's brand, 10 pounds at a time - much less expensive than buying it at WF. You can substitute regular grocery store brown sugar of course, but muscovado sugar (being a true partially-refined brown sugar, not white sugar with molasses added back in) has a deeper, more complex flavor.

King Arthur also has it in their catalog.