🔕 🔔

can boiled cider be made from apple juice?

I have made boiled cider from natural apple cider; but it is seasonal

asked by Kathy almost 4 years ago

092efd1a f34b 461d 89b1 f3e76e0ce940  dsc 0028

Well, if you live in the northern hemisphere ,this is the season!

4a6dcae9 ff3f 49d8 974b b8d0f66f2ca5  stringio

Yes, I realize that we are in apple season and apples are plentiful right now.

I made my first batch of boiled cider with unfiltered apple cider, which is not readily available throughout the year. So, in light of the fact that unfiltered cider is not always available, my question is: Can apple juice be used instead of apple cider to make boiled cider?

Oh dear, Kathy, I apologize! I didn't mean to sound flippant -- I'm afraid I offended you! I'm glad usuba dashi answered your question. But I am curious -- it sounds like you use a lot of boiled cider, what do you use it for? I have a bottle (bought not made) and I haven't opened it yet.

9b94e94b 0205 4f2c bb79 1845dcd6f7d6  uruguay2010 61

Unfiltered cider has high solids that contribute to the wonderful characteristics of boiled cider. Apple juice is very low in solids and taste . . . will not give the same results.