Here's how I would make this:
1. make baozi dough. here's a recipe, http://www.thekitchn.com...
2. divide dough into equal portions
3. roll out each portion
4. place a small amount of prepared beef brisket filling in the middle of each rolled out circle of dough. gather up the sides into little bundles
4. steam until the dough is cooked

Half Pint nailed it. Same way I make Kreplach, except I use Kreplach Dough... Almost sounds like the beginning of one of those Carol Burnett sketches. ;)

Andrea Nguyen
Andrea Nguyen

Andrea is a cooking teacher, food writer, contributing editor at Rodale's Organic Life, and a cookbook author; her latest book is The Banh Mi Handbook.

If you shape the bao dough as a little steamed roll, then you'd have something more like a Taiwanese gua bao. Shred the meat and season it a little saltier than you like. Make it saucy (thicken with cornstarch) if you're looking to stuff it inside the dough before steaming it. Here's the lowdown on making an unfilled bun for stuffing later: http://www.asiandumplingtips.com/2009/11/chinese-steamed-rolls-recipe.html