🔕 🔔

Has anyone had good luck in freezing pomegranate seeds?

asked by bigpan almost 4 years ago

4421619e f544 4703 9273 6e95dc123a79  black picture small

I have and I don't remember any drawbacks to doing so because I would do it again....buy the aprils when cheaper...was there more liquid...probably but if it didn't work I would have remembered and wouldn't do it again...try it.

B4406a23 0f8d 46b6 988d c2b2ff28a2ef  308646 10100180588491075 1896501128 n

Yes! Spread seeds on a baking sheet and freeze, then put them in a freezer bag or container. This way they won't clump together as they would if you put them in a container right away. They are a little squishier once you thaw them, but still great in flavor. I actually just like eating the frozen seeds as a snack...

0225af16 728b 470a b5d7 8f65c2f736f1  stringio

I was a tad brazen and dumped a fruit's worth of seeds in a good quality freezer bag. I did shake up the bag so that the seeds don't uniformly congeal in a massive lump. So far, so good. I check on them every morning and after a few days, they are good to go for a quick defrost...

I also love @gabsimonelouise's idea! I do the same with sliced pears and apples: fabulous icy treat! Even better when they're soaked in lemon juice!