🔕 🔔

Do you really need to refrigerate raisins?

It says you should refrigerate after opening on the box. My mom doesn't and I have never put a dried fruit in the fridge other than really good dates/figs? Does anyone really refrigerate their raisins?

asked by RespectThePastry almost 4 years ago

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

One time I wish I did. We had a meal moth infestation and those suckers LOVE the raisins.

7e3191e5 c572 49d0 a90b f5e118b30d93  img 4692

We eat pounds of raisins and we never put them in the refrigerator. However, we seal the bag of raisins very tightly in its bag so that the raisins maintain their moisture. This works just fine for our 2.25 lb bag (which takes us ~4-6 weeks to consume).

164ae6cf b233 45ae a461 8d7543fae705  melissa mitchell

The only reason I'd keep mine in the fridge is that raisins are extremely toxic (as in potentially deadly) to dogs -- I know lots of dogs who can get into cupboards and none (yet) who can get into the fridge.