Big Green Egg Smoker

I just bought a Big Green Egg, looking for delicious recipes Brisket, Pork, Chicken anything

asked by Nan almost 5 years ago

lakelurelady

Check out this website.http://www.amazingribs... My husband made a wonderful brisket on the egg following this recipe.

Dave on the grill

Agreed, I use this site all the time for my Weber Smoker. In fact I used their rib recipe this weekend and they were a big hit.

First of all the Egg is a damn good product. Now for the recipe;http://food52.com/recipes...

I use our BGE to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving a few years ago. Last Xmas, we did prime rib roast. Tonight, I will be using it to make pizza. I even baked cornbread and no knead bread in it.

EmilyC

Congrats -- you're now an Egghead! : ) Like HalfPint, I love using ours for pizza (it approximates a pizza oven given how hot it gets -- we bought the place setter and pizza stone for this purpose), for smoking brisket and pork shoulder low and slow, and grilling meat and vegetables. We also like hot-smoking salmon and trout at a low temp (about 180 degrees). It works well as an oven, and when you think of it that way, you can pretty much take any recipe you'd typically bake/roast in the oven and do it on the BGE. We love making porchetta, for example, and there are great recipes for it on this site. Have fun!