What are the consequences of "freely" using duck fat in place of butter?

I always use a high fat Euro/Amish butter when cooking.

asked by epicoryian about 5 years ago

You might like to take a look at this chart from Eating Rules http://www.eatingrules.com/Cooking-Oil-Comparison-Chart_02-22-12.pdf On its heathy-to-unhealthy axis, it puts duck fat as a little healthier than butter from grass-fed cows and a lot healthier than butter from grain-fed ones. Duck fat has monosaturated fats, which increase "good" cholesterol.

Not much will happen to you except your food will be extra delicious. The natives of the Dordogne where duck fat is regularly used in lieu of all others, historically live to a ripe old age, and have a very low incidence of heart disease and stroke.

PazzoNico

You won't have leftovers; you might finish a 4 serving dish all on your own.

michellemybell

At the end of the day: fat is fat. But, flavor is up for debate! Your food will be extra delicious and nearly impossible to save for later. Yummy! Take me to flavor town. You can also throw in some bacon fat. Gettin a little crazayyyy

I have used it in cookies with great success:
http://food52.com/recipes...

As a card carrying member of Team Duck Fat, I say use at will!