Fall ravioli fillings aside from butternut squash and pumpkin?

I love homemade ravioli in the fall but I'm looking for new seasonal ideas. Suggestions?

asked by KBDalen about 5 years ago

I was just reading Tom Hirschfeld's "Sunday Dinner" column and there were two columns that might be food for thought. One was about Marcella Hazan's Potato and broccoli soup, and another about braised cabbage. I'd have to think about the cabbage as a ravioli stuffing but it seems intriguing. Maybe with some shallot and caraway in the sauteed cabbage, and a brown butter and sage sauce?

jilhil

How about roasted mushrooms?

How about Swiss chard and ricotta?

Valentina Solfrini

I agree with Merrill about the chard (or spinach) and ricotta. Season with salt, grated Parmigiano and nutmeg, and add an egg to bind.

- Another fall favorite is truffle and a mix of cheeses - usually ricotta, Parmigiano, and another seasoned cheese you like, with a bit of truffle paste. You need very little for a great result!

- Braised radicchio and cheese. I'm sure you can find many recipes online. You can also use a mix of mushrooms sautéed in olive oil, garlic, parsley, wine and salt/pepper instead of the radicchio!

I know you want to look outside of butternut, but what would you think of a combination of chestnut and butternut?

Pear and walnut would be tasty in a light blue cheese sauce