bronte pistachio

Does anyone know a store or site in the US where you can buy Bronte pistachios from Sicily? There are lots of Italian vendors, but none of them ships to the US. I'm trying to recreate a sweet couscous made by the sisters of the monastery of Santo Spirito in Agrigento, and everyone insists that this Sicilian pistachio makes all the difference. Thanks.

sexyLAMBCHOPx October 27, 2013

Did you try Google search. I came up with a few sites that sell the. Check it out: http://www.markethallfoods.com/products.php?product=Bronte-Pistachios-from-Sicily

Salvo Pluchino
Salvo Pluchino May 26, 2018

market hall foods sells actually Sicilian pistachios but they don't have the DOP certification (the little red-yellow mark on the top right corner). So, it means that the pistachios could not be the ones grown in the slope of Etna Volcano where Bronte is located. We have the DOP certified Pistachios from Bronte at www.usitalianfood.com
Look in the pantry section :)

sexyLAMBCHOPx October 27, 2013

Here's another site: http://shop.italianpistachioproducts.com/
I'm intrigued and may have to buy some!

Ira Brosky
Ira Brosky October 28, 2013

Thanks so much. You are clearly better at searching than I am. I will say that the markethallfoods pistachios seem overpriced, but the second site is currently out of shelled nuts. Anyway grazie, grazie.

sexyLAMBCHOPx October 28, 2013

I first looked at a NYC food store called Kalustya's, but they sold the nuts for $69.99/lb. Wow, expensive. I also saw images of the pistachio tart that uses them and the color is incredible.