🔕 🔔

Potato latkes

Looking for recipe recommendations. Any standouts?

asked by ATG117 about 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

So many to choose from. Check out this link
http://food52.com/recipes...
The first one is a contest winner and worth a try.
Another contest winner is a sweet potato latke
http://food52.com/recipes...
Very appropriate because the 2nd night of Chanukah is also Thanksgiving

Both look great, but I'm actually looking for a best take on the original: potatoes, onion, and not much more.

Joan Nathan's Jewish Holiday Kitchen is the one I go to for a basic traditional latke recipe. If I have guests who have never had latkes before, I feed them those to set the standard. It's pretty foolproof.
If you don't have access to that cookbook, my guess is the recipe has appeared on the NYTimes website at some point in the not too distant past.