🔕 🔔

Brine temperature for turkey

I made a brine for a turkey this morning and was planning on cooling it for a few hours before putting the turkey in it (the recipe I'm using says it should be cold). But it's still really warm now, even though it's been in the fridge for a while. Does it have to be cold, or can I submerge the turkey in the brine while its warm and then refrigerate it?

asked by LucyS almost 4 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

I would wait till it's cold. You can speed up the cooling process by placing the brine in an ice water bath

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

Make sure it is cold...bacteria or worse can affect warm turkey or chicken.